Carbon neutral is when we emit, or cause to be emitted, no additional carbon dioxide, CO2, into the atmosphere (besides from breathing!). AKA carbon zero and net-zero.
A carbon zero economy is when sustainability is at the heart of everything: power, industry, agriculture, transportation, your daily life. Imagine a world where all cars are solar-powered, where factory farming doesn’t exist. A world where we all work and live and use power and travel smartly. That’s a carbon zero economy and that’s where we need to be, quickly.
Carbon negative is when we absorb more CO2 than we emit. We can remove large amounts of CO2 by planting industrial hemp and other plants and trees at scale.
Carbon positive is when we contribute to the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.
Atmospheric CO2 has increased by 45% since the Industrial Revolution began in 1750.
Your carbon footprint represents your contribution of CO2 to the atmosphere.
Wikipedia on carbon offset: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_offset
- Hemp helps prevent Covid – scientific proof
- Why 2022 is the year of hemp – Top 5 reasons
- The gift of carbon footprint offset
- Better than nothing! European Union makes life slightly easier for hemp growers
- Cannabis legalisation in Ireland? Take our short survey